Thursday, June 3, 2010

Who's Really in Charge?

Who's really in charge at our house? Mom or Dad? Here's what the kids think....

We recently purchased new soccer balls for all 3 of our older children. For Gray, it was his very first own soccer ball. During Primary this last week, as I am doing my calling of the Primary Chorister, I can see Gray turning around in his chair over and over again to make the class behind him laugh. So, in my midsentence I said, "Gray you just lost your soccer ball." Well that did it. I have NEVER seen him so quickly behave and stay well-behaved for amount of time that he did. He even walked from church to the car with his arms folded and head bowed. It was hilarious. The point of the story is this....

Matt and Jackson were sitting in the car watching Gray walk to them, very reverently. Matt leans out of the window and says, "That is one reverent boy, looks like he's earned his soccer ball back."

Jackson pipes back, "Well, that's just Dad's opinion. Let's see what Mom has to say."

Enough said.

7 comments:

meghan said...

Absolutely love it!!! You guys are great!

Life According to Scott said...

Love it, just love it, can we all have soccor balls to remind us who is really in charge. LOVE IT!

Russell Legg said...

That is just too good!!! I get so sad imagining Gray making grown up/ mature decisions like that. It reminds me of how long it's been since I've got to spend time with you guys. My hat goes off to Matt by the way for deffering to you and letting the kids know that he supports your authority. That must be the case or Jax probably wouldn't have been so quick to repond. Miss you guys :(

The Shavers said...

I love that, so hilarious!

dad said...

Yes, it is a cosmic truth that Moms have the power. It is interesting, though, that a soccer ball could have so much influence. Who knew?

Anonymous said...

Well, Gray, now that you've gotten your ball back...get on up here and play with our pro teams!! Love, mom/gma

heather peck said...

Jackson is a quick learner! (and so is Gray!) That is so cute~