Sunday, September 26, 2010

Gray-isms






Another week done. That's how I feel. I made it through one more week. Couple of updates - our kitchen needs redone due to a water leak. Should be started in 3 weeks. Can anyone give some advice on color of cabinets, counter and flooring. I feel lost and overwhelmed. All 3 kids had great weeks again with their sports, etc. Matt and I survived our work week. Nough said. Couple of things Gray said to me this week ---
I was mopping the kitchen floor and Grayson came running to the edge of the kitchen floor. He then began taking deliberate steps on the wet floor and said, "Look mom - I'm just like Jesus - I can walk on water!"

And- at the BYU football game I was teaching him all about the downs and when to yell, when not to, etc. I showed him how on 3rd down for the opposite team we all start yelling loud to break their concentration. A few minutes later he turned and started yelling in my ear, NOT at a 3rd down. I turned to him to nicely explain that we only do that on a 3rd down and he said, "I know mom - I'm trying to stop you from thinking." Perfect.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey...what a trip!! As to kitchen...look at home decorating magazines and websites...problem easily resolved there. Now...as to one more week...take it from me, if you will...the weeks will fly by simply TOO FAST, and you will weepingly wish them back in very short order...you are one very lucky lady!! Celebrate the day!!!! Love, mom/gma-full-of-memories

Life According to Scott said...

I say YELLOW! do it all in those wonderful YELLOW TONES> LOL the only thing I can say is get it done as fast as you can it will be so much better!

Lee said...

My kitchen recently flooded and we are getting a new kitchen also. I am putting in maple cabinets painted white, baltic brown granite and a brown 18X18 inch tile that matches the granite. I am painting my walls aqua.. we should be done in roughly 4 weeks. Good luck!!

Jackie said...

Emma is so grown up!! All the kids look great!

dad said...

Mom is right. Time will go fast enough so enjoy the day. As far as the kichen goes, mom is right there, too. Do you know someone whose kitchen you really admire? Go that direction.