Monday, September 8, 2008

Odds and Ends . . .

Okay - so let me catch you up on the last couple of weeks. First of all, Aunt Cassie and baby Cooper came to visit and stayed for a week. Although, as always, I don't have any pictures, we had a blast. We love seeing the Daines family. And I have a new small crush, Cooper Daines, my 5 month old boyfriend. :) They came to Utah with Grandma Davis and Uncle Tim for the arrival of my sister Abby's baby - Meleane. Right after that - Uncle James Javier came to visit. It has been crazy around here. Having the house to just me and the kids almost seems too empty . . .Gray wants to know - "where did everybody go?"

Aside from all of that fun stuff - here's the other info. . .

Matt and I have wanted to put some storage shelving in the laundry room for MONTHS but didn't want to take the time or money to build it. So - on KSL I found this huge long shelf for only 50 bucks. Perfect right? Almost. . . It didn't quite fit. As you can see in the picture below - we had to ram it into the wall - AFTER Matt took the doorjam off, to get it in there. It was hilarious - okay maybe to just Cassie and I but not to Matt who had to do all of the work. He rocked it by the way. The funny part about the whole thing was that Cooper (Cassie's little boy) was asleep on the other side of the wall and slept through the whole thing. Although Gray is mostly a terror to poor Cowboy - they do have moments when they make peace and are friends. See? Just wanted to show some proof. . .
I couldn't resist taking this adorable picture. It was time to get ready for bed and Gray really wanted to wear the one football uniform we have. Jax so lovingly agreed to let Gray wear it and then helped him put it on. It was adorable - I just stood back and listened. I heard things like "Okay Gray, put your foot in here." and " Arms up!" It was awesome to see them working together instead of wrestling over something.

Mohawk time. Dad was supposed to give the boys one last buzz for summer and this is what happened. They love it. . . especially when it's all gelled and spiked up. 2 weeks ago Matt's work gave him 4 tickets to the BYU football game. Lucky enough for us - Uncle Tim came into Orem the same day. So Matt, Jax, Uncle Naki and Uncle Tim took off early and had the best time. Uncle Naki totally made the day unforgettable for my little guy. We definitely have a new converted BYU fan. In fact - today in the car Jax said he likes BYU better than the NY Yankees. Anyway, Uncle Naki made it possible for Jax to run on the field and make his own imaginary touchdowns, meet most of the players and just be a star. He came home with a signed football and used wristband one of the players used in the game. Thank you, thank you, thank you Uncle. . . .





So - in retrospect, Matt and I realized that our 4-year old little boy has been sports spoiled this year. Let me explain. This year he has -
Gone golfing on an Adult course at least 5 times (taking his own clubs)
Ran the Bases with Hootz the Owl and the Orem Owlz game,
Swept the infield for the Orem Owlz
Ran All of the bases at the Owlz game after the Games
Ran on the field at a Spokane Shock game (taking home a souvenir football - thanks Uncle James) while attending a Spokane Shock game
Met a Utah Jazz player
Gone to 2 Utah Jazz games
Gone on court and attended a Harlem Globe Trotters game
Gone to 2 Utah Flash Games
Gotten star treatment at the BYU football game (met all of the players, ran on the field, etc.)
Met the BYU basketball head coach
Could this kid seriously have any more sports exposure? And just so all of you out there know - this has NOT been pushed on him. He LOVES this stuff, in fact, I think he lives for it . . .

5 comments:

The Shavers said...

I love all of those pictures of Jax at the game! He has been sports spoiled but he definitely doesn't take it for granted!! And I also love the picture of grey with the kitty and of him with jax cuz he is just so cute!!!! Love you guys!!

Ali the B. said...

I need your email address!!
Ali B.

Maxfields said...

Katie, your blog is so cute! Fisher loves to see the pic of his friends back home and see what they've been doing.

Anonymous said...

What can I say? The kid has no chance to be other than what he is. It is destiny. In case you were wondering, I was exactly the same when I was his age. My dad was pitching to be when I was two years old and I was playing little league when I was 6. My dad took me to every sporting event imaginable including the LA Dodgers and LA Lakers games. He is my grandson for sure. Grandpa D.

Anonymous said...

I really love this collection of "odds and ends." You have a great kitty and even greater family. Brother helping brother...unbelievably touching! And, I for one welcome another Cougar-convert with open arms!!! Go Cougs!! (BYU 59 UCLA...zip!!!)