Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mom - look!

I can't count how many times I've heard that today and let me tell you - most of the time when I hear that, what I get treated to is hilarious, totally weird or totally awesome. Here's a small taste of the last few days -

-Jax able to push start on his 2-wheeler bike by HIMSELF
-Gray riding his scooter with the handles backwards - every time. . . .
-Addie doing a split with feet on either side of the kitchen counter
-Addie actually showing an athletic side and learning how to shoot a basketball (and listening to dad the coach - small miracle)
-Both boys racing down the stairs while laying on their stomachs and sliding backwards
-Gray peeing with "Look mom! No Hands!"
-and My personal favorite - Gray shaking the Davis booty he so lovingly inherited. He can really shake that thing - and loves it! We have discovered that Gray - out of our three kids - has the biggest love of music. He sings to ANYTHING, whether he knows the words or not. His favorite song right now is by Sugarland - All I Want To Do - know it? A few more of his favorites are
- No Air- Jordin Sparks
- I'm Yours- Jason Mraz
Love it. . . Look mom!

On a little side note - we've braved it and took the boys' bunk beds apart. We moved the boys' room around this weekend and put them kind of next to each other. I'm not sure if that means my boys will take longer to go to sleep or what but they really wanted to do it. While I was in the middle of smashing my hand, smooshing my toe or finding gross boogers on the wall (in places I didn't know those boys could reach), to move those beds around - I overhead my cute Jax saying to his brother - "Hey Gray - know we can talk to each other at bedtime - it's going to be totally awesome!" I am so glad that (most of the time) my boys love each other and love each other's company. Last weekend Jax had a sleepover at his Grandma Brousseau's, and when Gray woke up in the morning and couldn't find Jax began to softly cry. It was beautiful through the innocent sadness. We asked him what was wrong and he said. . ." I can't find my Jatson." I love those boys. . .

K

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I can't find my Jatson". . . so cute. We love those boys, too. And go Addie with the splits and basketball shots!

April said...

I love it!! I laughed out loud when I read about boogers on the wall! We get them on our shower curtain! You have such great kids-and I must say they have a great mom! :)

The Shavers said...

That is so precious! I love that "look mom" you just never know what you will get do you haha!

Tanya said...

What a fun tale of Brousseau life! Thanks for sharing! Love the boogers on the wall story. I had to laugh because when I worked with the elderly, they did that too...not quite as cute when they are older.
Cheers:)

Anonymous said...

Katie,

Your life with the boys is.... Well it is what it is. How did you ever get yourself into that situation, anyway? How great it is!! Who said life isn't a blast?

Dad

Anonymous said...

Wonderful stories of really wonderful children! Lose says, "You guys are soooo cute!" Love, gma & Lose

meghan said...

so...this is way cute! you have to help me set one of these up! FYI..your family is adorable!