Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rough Time

So - I obviously have been missing for a little while. Life has just thrown a few curve balls my, our Brousseau, way. First of all, I am 10 weeks pregnant and have been on modified bed rest since week 5ish. This means no lifting, true working out, vacuuming or anything that would put stress or pressure on the baby. I've had to get really creative to get things done around here. Addie has been amazing. I found her mopping the kitchen floor the other day. She understands what is going on and is my biggest supporter. :) Love that kid. Second, our house has been SICK! Almost every year growing up, I would get something along the bronchitis or strep line and have it for months. Well, my time is here. . . I have been hacking for at least a week and half and feels like it's getting worse. Third, money sucks. Matt's truck's transmission went this week and it will be about $2600 to fix it. How many of us are just sitting on $2600 that wasn't earmarked for something else? I mean - come on. . . On top of all of that- - - - Gray fell in the tub tonight and split his chin open. I'm hoping we don't need stitches. A big bandaid will do for now. He's tough. He just thinks he looks like a football player. . .

So - among all of the crap that has come our way, I am looking for the silver lining.

1-I am still pregnant- after a year of trying that is a huge accomplishment. We will see what happens in the next couple of weeks.
2-I am not the only one going through this kind of stuff. I am so lucky and blessed to have an older sister near me with life experience and a sense of humor to be able to vent this stuff to. I LOVE having her and her girls here every Tuesday. It adds some sunshine to the Brousseau house. Isn't it funny how liberating it is to talk to an adult after a day of rationalizing with 3 and 4 year olds all day? Sometimes I think we just need some new perspective and a friend to laugh with.
3. I have a mom who answers her phone, literally at all times. Have any of you guys either called her when she was sleeping or in a meeting? I have. She still answers! Hee hee. You either get the mom croaky voice "H.e.l.l.o. . ." all drawn out, or the whisper hello? when you can hear other people in the background. I just know that when I call her to vent - she answers. Thanks mom.
4. I have three innocent forgiving forgetful kids who lovingly don't remember the bad times, but instead the fun times reading stories or playing football in the background or making cookies together. They love you unconditionally and don't care what your hair looks like in the morning. Thank goodness. I love my little ones.
5. I have an amazing husband. He never gets down. With all of the hard things that have happened to us in the 8 years we've been together, I don't think I have ever seen him defeated or truly discouraged. He simply picks himself back up and works harder. He is dedicated to his family, callings and to work. He loves me - even when my prego hormones are raging - he loves me.
6. I have a bigger perspective of life and a true testimony that we have a loving Heavenly Father who loves me, knows me and is aware of me. He will never give me something harder than I can bear, althought at times it may feel like it. My Heavenly Father is looking out for me and will pick me back up and help me to start another day.
I just always try to tell myself - there's always tomorrow.

So - here's to tomorrow. Hope it's a little better than today, right?

K

7 comments:

April said...

Our prayers are with you as always! Sending HUGS your way...

Life According to Scott said...

And above it all KATIE your my Spirtial GIANT. Your Amazing, I wish I could jump on a plane and come down there and help for a week! I know that after the storm comes the RAINBOW... Yes.. isnt it great that mom will answer her phone or gives you a call or a text message. Isnt it great that you will soon have 2 sisters next to you! and I think you have totally been blessed to have Matt in your life!
You are just one amazing woman Katie and thanks for your great spirit!

Maxfields said...

Katie, I just love you so much. There so much goodness side of you!
We will for sure include you in our prays! I hope that your pregnancy is a success! You deserve it!

The Shavers said...

Katie you are awesome, I am so proud of you for all you are doing and continue to do everyday. Thank you so much for your advice to me I appreciate it more than you know. And it IS so great that mom always answers her phone for us it just reminds me how important we really are to her. (And I know Dad would to!!!) Love you!! I was just thinking about you the other day when I made the cake cookies....love you so much!!!!

Candy Javier said...

I love my Katie!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I do try to be there for you all...that is true...but, oh the frustration that I cannot carry your burdens for you...I MOST CERTAINLY WOULD!! Katie, you have become an incredible woman and I love your "thankful" list...I had one so very like it. I continue to be amazed that children know you intimately and still love you...thank you for your little-girl-daughter love. Love, mom

Anonymous said...

I always answer my phone, too. I just don't have the answers.

Dad