Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Silver Lining

Okay - I found some. A few days ago a cute sister in my ward called to check up on me. I wasn't home so she left a message. This is the same sister who used to serve as the RS president when I was in the presidency, has kids much older than ours, but still somehow connects with us. We love her . . . She gave the boys all of their football uniforms. Anyway.. . .I felt prompted to call her back today - and got to leave a message. In that message I laughingly said that all is well over here and that my only issue was trying to get up the guts to clean the bathrooms that the smell of little boy pee in the bathrooms was making me gag. Ugh. Literally - there was dried pee on the floor and somehow the walls - how do they do that?

Well - today she showed up at my front door - to clean my bathrooms. She said that she couldn't do much to help me but this she could do. She lovingly got on her hands and knees and cleaned our bathrooms. I don't think I have ever truly been served with Christlike love like that. Thank you Emily. You made my day. . . I'm sitting here trying not to cry through all of the prego hormones flowing through me. I am just so touched and flattered that I mean enough to her to be given a gift like that. I will definitely remember this for the rest of my life. . . .

8 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Katie. It's me, Lee Ann. What a sweet blessing that sister is. I am sorry you are so sick, and I am praying that things go well with this pregnancy for you.

Candy Javier said...

I love you lady! I hope that you know how loved you are and how much we are all praying for you. I can't wait until I can be there for you...literally!

Tanya said...

Congrats on your pregnancy, but sorry that you aren't feeling well. We are excited for your family! I also agree that Emily really is an amazing person!
Cheers :)

Daines said...

Love you Katie.

KimMoore said...

That's so sweet of her. See it's little things like this that make me miss living there. I hope you are feeling better! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

She is an amazing example. We are praying for you. I love Liz's quote, "In the end everything will be all right, and if it's not all right, it's not the end." Whatever happens, at least you know you are strong enough to make it through. We love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely going to not only remember this example of Christlike love...but emmulate it as well!! I PROMISE!! Love, mom/gma

Anonymous said...

Whoever said that raising boys is harder was partly right; at least at your boys' age. It gets easier when they get older, or so I've heard. Hang in there.

Love, Dad