Friday, November 21, 2008

Addie's Thanksgiving

Not sure if you can see this but it says, "At mealtimes, I'm thankful for . . . " and then Addie's response. I loved it. But what I loved even more was what she said when we talked about it. I told her that Matt and I work really hard at trying to eat dinner together as much as possible to have time together and to talk about each of our days. . . I then told her that I was really proud that she noticed and loved that time too. . . Then I told her that what she didn't know was that lots of families out there either can't or don't take the time to have dinner together each night and that we are really lucky to get to have that as a family. Addie then asked me how other families do dinner time. I told her that they take turns eating or eat at different times. So she said. . .
"Oh! They have to take turns eating because they only have one chair." I absolutely love it that my daughter thinks the only possible reason families wouldn't eat together is because they only have one chair . . . Here's to family dinner time. . . My FAVORITE part of the day (except for bedtime. . . )




9 comments:

Ali the B. said...

What a sweetie...I just absolutely LOVE having a chance to drive her & have her kind little heart in my van every day!!
I have tears in my eyes from that blog & I am NOT pregnant (from your last post to my blog :) )
I too am grateful for a dinner table & the time & talk that happens there, even if most of the time it is reminding table manners!! Thanks Katie for your friendship!

Brittany said...

that is so sweet!! the trick is to keep it so that they still want to spend time together when they are old farts !! haha... oh, and btw, i LOOOOOOOOOOVE the name Emerson! totally love.

Jackie said...

She is so sweet. And she has such neat handwriting!

Daines said...

So, adorable. Come to Idaho Addie!

Anonymous said...

May all the little families never suffer from "having only one chair" and truly celebrate the time they have together...it passes oh too quickly...oh for the days of egg salad sandwiches!! Love, gma

Anonymous said...

That was a sweet saying Addie... I hope I see you soon! Love, Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

PS...Addie...you "get" life...and at such a young age...you ROCK!! Love, gma

Anonymous said...

These kinds of entries give me hope that there are a few things right in the world. Even better is the fact that it comes from those I love so much. That is a pretty sweet reward. Thanks for teaching the right things to my grandchildren. Grandpa D.

Anonymous said...

Well, the posting AND the comments made me tear up at work AGAIN. I gotta start checking these blogs from home or something lol. She is precious K, and you guys just do an amazing job. Love you!
~Gins