Monday, November 2, 2009

Change of Plans

So just when you think you know which way you're headed - Heavenly Father throws a wrench in your plans. In looking for additional/new/second incomes for Matt, I came across a job posting for an apartment complex manager. So, I submitted my resume to find out more about it - the posting was really vague and stated it the job wouldn't be starting for a while. I knew that my days watching Covelli would be over soon so I thought I should at least look into it... Well, the property owners called and after a few meetings - offered me a position, immediately. After working out some kinks and making sure our kids will be well taken care of, loved and not able to fall through the cracks - I've accepted the job. I start on Wednesday! I am totally excited - I am hesitant and worried - but I am peaceful that Heavenly Father wants our family to do this. I'm going to try and see if it works for us. . Here's to being an adult and making the hard choice.

10 comments:

Russell Legg said...

Way to roll up your sleeves Katie. Is it a resident position? Local to Orem or what? If things don't work out there, I'm sure you'd have no trouble getting a position in Columbus :).

Abby said...

Go Katie. I knew you'd be able to make the decision. They are lucky to have you, and I have no doubt that you will be able to find the balance between being a stay at home and a working mom.

April said...

GOOD LUCK! You'll be amazing!

Elisa said...

If anybody can do this... you SO can! And I am here if you need anything at all. Good luck girl!

Gin said...

GO KATIE! I have no doubt you'll be running things over there in no time. And how great that it's so close to home! Congratulations, love you.

Brittany said...

it's me again ;) i have a weird thing to tell ya- i was just going through a box looking for an old book, and i came across.... YOUR WEDDING INVITATION!! is that not weird?? and weird timing! i cannot believe i kept it so long- last year when we moved i threw alot of older things away cuz i knew we wouldn't have alot of space here, so i was surprised to see that i had hung onto that! so funny.... and i can't believe it's been that long!

Mom Brousseau said...

Katie,
Remember the Lord loves you and your family and it will be ok.Do what you have to do and maybe it will prove to be short term.
We love you all so much and your little family is prayed for every night .
Love ,
Mom Brousseau

dad said...

Yes, being an adult and making the decisions that go along with that are no picnic. Thank goodness we have a proven method of making them. Congrats and good luck.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you, Katie! It wouldn't be easy for me to do any job, except managing the team of course. See you soon...Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

These are the times that "tie" men's souls!! Men and women... Tie not try...because these difficult decisions unite us in such remarkable ways to the Spirit and to one another. I believe it is often NOT so much about the decision but the blessings of the process that the Lord is most vested in!! Well done, Brousseau family...well done!! Love, mom/gma