Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Primary Program 2009

I first want to say that ALL of my kids did a fantastic job with their parts and singing their songs in this year's Primary Program. I was truly a proud mother. Addie's class had a solo and she was fantastic and beautiful. Jax memorized his part all by himself and his class had a solo, which he proudly did. It was the sideshow that Gray provided, however, that I want to highlight this year. First, this year, the primary president placed all of the sunbeams in the front row, a row of little primary chairs in front of the bishop's row. At the practice, when the kids stood up to sing, we quickly realized Gray was too tall.. So, they moved him to the side of the front row so as to not block the view for those behind them. This did place him right beside the wood half-wall. You know? Right by the stairs?

So, in his new seat, during the primary program itself, Gray provided the WHOLE ward with a sideshow that included repeatedly trying to hang himself with his tie, making the noises, faces and everything. When that was done he began having a make-believe transformer war with his hands and the half-wall next to him noices and all again. Explosion sounds, men dying, you get the picture. And THEN, he began making out with the wood half'-wall next to him. What I mean was making fish faces on it, pushing his lips into it and talking loudly... I, being the primary chorister, was in the front row and kept yelling (under my breath) at Gray to stop. When I could not get him to do so - I had to call him down to me. He didn't like that one bit, and on his way back UP to his seat, stomped the whole way making loud mad noises. Then he sat back down in his seat and cried loudly, during the program. Last but not least, when it was his class' turn to get up and say their parts, instead of walking along in front of the small chairs, he decided to stand up on them, jump over them and walk behind them. At least that's how I think it went down in his head. What really happened you ask? He started to jump over the chair and caught his back foot on the back of the chair and bit it. Loudly... a loud thump onto the hollow stand by the podium.

This was definitely a primary program to remember. The show of '09, the year of Gray.

7 comments:

Maxfields said...

That is so funny! Okay I understand if you don't think so! But, if it helps you feel any better, we didn't see any of that happen. To bad too it could have been entertaining!

Life According to Scott said...

Oh my Katie, by this point how read in the face are you???

KimMoore said...

HA ha ha ha ha! Katie I would have paid to see that! But the sad part is I can picture all of that! Katie, honestly every ward needs a little kid like that on Primary program Sunday! That's why we all love it. This year it was just your kids turn. Gray is awesome!

meghan said...

Katie I was literally laughing so hard when I read this that my yummy frosted sugar cookie was crumbling out of my mouth! Gary is awesome and you are even awesomer (is that a word!) And yes this is also a confession of me eating cookies all day...why wont this baby weight come off?!

The Beckstroms said...

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't notice either. Course, I was out in the hall for a lot of the program with Annie.But Dan didn't say anything about it either. But I still find myself picturing it and laughing my head off. Love your family Katie!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if I was ever that way in a Primary Program...I think not! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

I think so...Tim definitely lead the way for young Gray!! And...I am completely unable see the screen to type...tears, laughter, tears, laughter!!! Love, mom/gma