Monday, December 7, 2009

Sweet Jackson

For those of you who know my Jackson - you know that he has a tender sensitive heart. A mom from another kindergardener from school shared this story with me this weekend about my sweet young man.

So - there is a bully at school - he is not in Jackson's class but plays at the same recess time. He has been a problem for some time - Jax in fact had some anxiety from this boy at the beginning of the year and we talked to the teacher about it.

Last week this bully came up to a boy from Jackson's soccer team and kicked him, when he fell down, he started throwing wood chips on him, and then kicked him some more. Jackson, saw this happen and ran over and laid down with/in front of his friend to take the brunt of the blow. He laid down on the ground and protected his friend, and in fact, was then kicked instead of Braden. When I asked him about it - he just said that he wanted to take care of Braden and shrugged it off.

I am so completely proud of my little man - I know now that when he is gone from me that he is making good choices - that he is learning the correct way to serve and love others. It just exemplifies what a truly good kid he is - I love love love that little boy.

---He also has figured out that when this bully runs by chasing after someone to torment that he can stick his foot out ever so slightly and trip him, or that he can lay in wait on top of the monkey bars during a similar situation and if he times it just right can drop down and take this kid out to protect whomever he was going after next.... Nice Jax.

7 comments:

The Shavers said...

That is so sweet Katie! What an amazing boy :)

Life According to Scott said...

Katie, that is so sweet of Jax, a savior to one and all!

Gin said...

Awww Jackson!!! He is the most tender precious little boy, love that kid. If you haven't seen the Blind Side this won't make much sense, but I'm sure he tests very high for protective instinct! (you gotta see that Katie, it's the best movie) Love you guys!

KimMoore said...

Ok, we have talked about this before- but I am really thinking an arranged marriage is in order at this point. If we raise Bailee and Jaxon thinking that it's normal they will never question it. Just a thouhgt

dad said...

Sounds almost Biblical. Great job, Jax.

Anonymous said...

After I finished weeping...I thanked God that Jax is a part of this family and that we are therefore richly blessed. He is part of a rich "next" generation of the Davis family...leaves me breathless, truly! Love, mom/gma

Anonymous said...

he is a extraordinary boy because of his great talent of sports!!! love,tim\uncle tim