Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My baby isn't really a baby anymore...

I've hit a milestone in my life - my baby isn't really a true baby anymore. She has a tooth! I know it's not a big deal, but knowing it's my last baby to cut his/her first tooth - it is to me! And she was not that moody!! Okay, maybe a little, but if this is how teething with Emma is going to be - no problem. She's also trying to stand unassisted and is into EVERYTHING... I have a mover and shaker. Emma also is fed up with baby food - she wants the real stuff. I can't believe it's gone that fast.

It's totally true you know? Don't take anything, not even a moment, for granted because you will blink and it will be gone. I'm trying to relax and enjoy the ride, which for those of you who know me, THAT is very hard to do. I am loving my kids and loving all of their different ages and stages because I know I will not have that with them ever again.

But, I am taking lessons from Abby and listening to her... Although it is not where she wants to be or have happen to her, I am learning from her, she is an excellent teacher and older sister. Abby - we LOVE you. Thanks for being such a great example and for carrying your trials with such grace. It just shows me that you, and even I, can handle anything...

4 comments:

KimMoore said...

Yay for Emma! See you sledding tonight... we are going to FREEZE!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am both comforted and enouraged in these fleeting moments that THIS...being a mother and nurturing...is what I want to do FOREVER!! Just gotta get there! Love, mom/gma

dad said...

Time flies when you are having a good time, or so they say. I would say that time flies no matter what. It sure has for Mom and I. Love those kids; before long they will be having their own kids.

Anonymous said...

what is sad is there was no snow in north idaho i hope you guys had fun! love,tim\uncle tim