Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Update

Okay - I know it's been forever since I've blogged... I don't really have any major news to post! I can tell you that we have crazy lives, don't we all, but that we are SOOO excited for Christmas this year. We had a small parenting milestone in that our oldest figured out the "truth" about christmas. According to Addie, it's just not realistic that Santa could make it to all of the houses in one night. Now she just wants to help eat the cookies and of course know what EACH present is. She's such a grown-up in a child's body.

Emma is almost walking I swear, and she won't be 8 months till next week. She is the HAPPIEST baby now that she can move around. We love that little crazy.

Jackson is playing basketball - as always. He's playing in the front yard, in the living room, has figured out how to bounce them on the top portion of our vaulted ceiling in the kitchen...he has also asked for a hoop that can go on the door in his bedroom. Go figure.

Grayson is so sick of waiting for Christmas to come. How many times does this 4-year old have to hear that he cannot have that toy today but should WAIT to see if he gets it for christmas. The wait is becoming unbearable. He told me today that christmas is never going to come... poor kid. If only he knew how awesome he's going to feel in 2 days.

Matt is loving having the best time starting his part-time job at UV. He will be at all of the bball games starting in Jan. and cannot wait to get his feet truly wet in marketing with them. Bless him right now because he is out installing fence and having a miserable time. Comes with having a job right? Not always the best time but is worth it in the end. We are so proud of how hard he works for us.

Me? I'm loving my job and have a lot, I mean a lot of work to do. I walked into a big mess. For those of you who know me well, you know that I don't mind it and love fixing it. I am basically a parent to my 4, and now 430 other teenagers... I have plenty of moments where I am torn wondering and worrying if I am doing the right thing and whether my kids will suffer from this and from having someone else watching them during the day. I also have moments of complete peace and answers from Heavenly Father that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing right now. I have moments where I feel supported and moments where I feel judged. You know the moments when someone finds out you work full-time and have someone else watching your kids, when they say "Oh..." like that. Love those moments. Actually I hate them...

We are missing our Grandpa Davis... He was here long enough that we got used to having him here! Lucky Idaho family...

So there's the update... I am so excited for Christmas! I have been walking around singing Jingle Bells for the last two weeks because I am so excited for the presents I know are under the tree! Thanks for the tradition Mom!

6 comments:

meghan said...

I have a few words of judgement for you....I think you are great! Oh ya...I miss ya too!
P.S. Posted pics of Scout an hour after you mentioned it!

The Shavers said...

Love hearing the update Katie! Hope Gray can make it to christmas haha :)

The Beckstroms said...

Love your update! Taryn came out tonight as I was filling stockings. That was almost a disaster but she missed what I was doing so all is still good. I'm sorry about the judgmental people. Sadly, I understand too well what you mean. But I'm with "meghan"; you are great and we love you guys!!

dad said...

You, Matt,and your kids are doing absolutely great. No worries. Hope the gang had a great Christmas and I miss you guys, too.

Anonymous said...

reminding you that was joesph smith birthday sweety!! love, tim\uncle tim

Anonymous said...

Your post was on December 23...Josephs birthday...get it?? I enjoyed your insights into each and all and am profoundly proud of you each and all. By the way...when you are just about to bust with a Christmas surprise, "Jingle Bells" comes in pretty handy, right!!?? Love, mom/gma