Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm not having a good day...

I have lost count of how many times I hear Gray say those words. The best of them all was RIGHT when he woke up one morning. He walked down the stairs and sleepily said to Matt and I, "I think we need to call the police." Why Gray? "Cause I'm not having a good day and I need the police to fix it. Let's call the police." Seems like an appropriate reason to call the police I guess...

So we have a relatively new ottoman that is leather in our living room. Apparantly our kids like to wrestle with the cat on it. I came home from work one day to see a nice BIG scratch on it. So, I called RC Willey to come have them repair it. I was hoping to avoid mentioning how I thought the scratch had gotten there, they would repair it and leave. So would the cat in my dream world. Anyway, the repair man came, and first off asked, "How did the scratch happen?" Gray just so happened to walk into the room at JUST that moment and said, IT WAS MY CAT! as loud as he could. Thanks Gray.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

i like this kid more and more ;) I'm with Gray- i've totally had days where calling the police would have been completely appropriate, considering the day i was having haha

Anonymous said...

gray you are crazy little boy but you are not a little boy i hope sometime soon i can see you all down there but dad will anyway! love, tim\uncle tim

dad said...

I am with Gray. I think the police can fix most anything, too.
Also, you better be glad he blurts out the truth...painful but better than the alternative.

Anonymous said...

Gray, Gray, Gray!! Everyday is a NEW and GREAT day...just ask Uncle Tim...each of his days is JUST LIKE THAT!! (and...grandma's too!!)Love, mom/gma