Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's 2009

Every year for New Year's Eve we travel up to Matt's parents and spend a couple of days. Our kids look forward to it and plan out their time there months ahead of time. We have a few traditions that include breakfast in PJs on New Year's morning and a few hours at the Classic Fun center - roller skating, bounce houses and laser tag. Here are the pictures! Notice Emma in the big girl highchair!!! And Gray's face... can't explain it.
Classic Fun Center - Emma finally konked out.
Laser Tag... Gray and Jax loved it!


Apparantly so did Uncle Mark -








The Brousseau/Frank boys - most of the grandkids on Matt's side are boys - can you tell?






The crazies - I missed the memo that it was a crazy picture - My boys with their cousin Hyrum.





Addie on roller skates for the first time! Which by the way - Matt and I roller skated too and it was so much fun. I honestly don't think I had roller skated with a boy before...in the dark... I felt 13 all over again, and I only fell twice (thanks to Addie).






Bounce Houses - the boys love those things.









I love love love this picture of Matt with Emma.






Happy New Year everyone! Here's to hoping this year is better than the last. My motto this year - is that it can only get better. Optimism at its best...





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taught a lesson today loaded with action-optimism. Two quotes:
1. We must not depend on our circumstances to give us joy...JOY comes from what we CHOSE to DO about our circumstances.
2. It is not enough to stare up the steps...we must STEP up the STAIRS!!!
Live #1 and #2...and it will be A WONDROUS NEW YEAR!! Love, mom/gma

PS...I also love the photo of Matt and Emma...and the one at the top of the blog...xo

April said...

Looks like the year is off to a great start!!

(I wanted to tell you it was so fun to see you in singing time. You are so much fun and so good with the kids:)

dad said...

Great family photos!! You guys have such a great time. Happy New Year!!

The Beckstroms said...

Katie I loved this post. Totally noticed big girl Emma and Gray's face before I read your commentary. Laughed out loud! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new picture at the top. Your hair is getting so long!! And love the color right now. Is that new or am I just inactive? Love your blog!

Gin said...

I loved the same pictures Mom, the lighting in the picture from the sledding is so cool! And Matt and Emma, priceless. Can't wait to be around you guys more, xoxo.

Anonymous said...

that look so much fun guys have a awesome new year!! love, tim\uncle tim