Sunday, January 24, 2010

Nights at UVU

So our lives have become crazy busy right? Matt has taken on a second job working for the Alumni Department at UVU. One of his responsibilities is to attend the UVU basketball game to man an alumni table/booth. So... we all come with him - if you know my boys, you know that is totally up their alley. We go to the games and sit right in front of Matt. Now, the basketball court games are played on are in the center of the building with two courts on either side unused during the game. They keep up some hoops and let the kids play on them during the game. So... when we get there each night, Jax takes off to play basketball, Addie sits down to watch the dancers and cheerleaders, Matt heads to his table and Gray goofs off with me. Last time we were there Gray and I got silly with the camera. No laughing at my faces - I HAD to post these pics because the faces Gray made display his silly personality perfectly. I took a picture of Matt and his table too.

During that last game, I realized I hadn't seen Jax in a while. I knew where he was, but he usually comes to check in with me every couple of minutes. Usually he is playing by himself or just shooting around with a few other kids...This time I wandered over and found him in a full-on 4 on 4 game with kids twice his size. Not fazed at all, he was having the time of his life. Notice in the still picture the size of the kid he is guarding. Sorry there are no pics of Addie, she was at the concession stand buying candy, of course.









This picture is of Matt... Can you see him? We were at the Flash game on Friday night and he was picked for a time-out competition. He won us $10!!! Yea Matt!
































































On a side note- we measured the kids today... Jax who is 5 1/2 is as tall as Addie was when she was almost 7 and Gray, who is 4 1/2ish is as tall as Jax was at 5 1/2, and Emma is 8 mos old and in 18-24 mo. clothes. Hmm.....

4 comments:

heather peck said...

So cute! Fun seeing how big your cute kids are getting!

dad said...

My dad always had me playing ball with kids several years older than me. I didn't know I wasn't smaller or slower than everyone else until I got to Jr. High. It worked, though, and Jax doesn't seem to mind. I loved the goofy faces, by the way.

Anonymous said...

These photos and stories make me feel just so very like being there...bless you for sharing. Everyone looks intensely happy and dynamically involved...great work!! By the way...how is UVU doing? Love, mom/gma

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having fun down there i hope you guys are doing well! love, tim\uncle tim