Sunday, May 2, 2010

10 Year Anniversary

We did it! We made it to 10 years - 4 kids later, 8 different apartments/houses, a lot of laughs, definitely highs and lows. Definitely more good than bad. We feel old.... and onto the next phase of our lives. I surprised Matt with a trip to Las Vegas to see Phantom of the Opera (which was amazing...) We had the best time - that was the first time we'd truly gone out of town without our kids since we were married. . . Why did we wait so long again? It was so much fun! We were excited to come back and missed our kids, but just a little part of me hated to come back to reality.... Thanks to those that stepped in while we snuck away. Love you babe!

Sorry about the dorky pictures - Matt informed me that we never take any pictures with me in them... There's a reason for that. The statue of liberty in one of the pictures is 100% candy - took that one to show our kids. The picture of us by the Phantom Poster is funny. We needed a new one of us together (although we are taking new family pictures in June) and we both think we look funny. I love it though. Matt's suit jacket hung back behind him and doesn't give him justice of his skinny self and I am NOT pregnant contrary to to what you may think.... I can't wait for the next trip! My kids say it's to Disneyworld....Hm...



3 comments:

dad said...

Dorky? I don't think so; just husband and wifey. Ten years? Love it and keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Oh honey...how much fun...I was thinking of you the whole time...wondering if Matt could keep himself from breaking into song during Phantom...I'll bet he would have blended in just fine!! Congratulations!! Love, mom

Gin said...

You guys are adorable, I'm so glad you went! Makes me want to see Phantom again RIGHT now, it's amazing.