Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Happy 8th Anniversary!!!!!
I tried to find some pictures to show some different times in our life and this is what I found. . . . I wish I had more, but most of our earlier pictures are from before digital cameras. . . I just liked the really early ones . . . I'll try and add more later.






We have successfully made it through 8 years! Okay, I know to some people that isn't really all that long, but to us it is! This morning we were remembering all of the craziness that has happened to us in the last 8 years and had a good laugh realizing that life is never calm, thank goodness! Some things we remembered were -


A broken big toe

College Basketball

A smashed little toe

Living in a little 800 sq foot apartment with 5 people

8, yes, 8 moves

8 different cars

4 rounds of stitches (okay 2 of those are Addie's)

3 fast labor and deliveries :)

Plenty of speeding tickets on the trip to CDA and back

Burnt alfredo - our favorite meal that Matt makes for us :)

Heart shaped pancakes - made by Matt

LOTS of chocolate chip cookies

LOTS of trips to our infamous, not famous but infamous, outlets in Park City


Today my cute husband brought me lunch, thank goodness I worked out this morning, reminiscent of our wedding day, WENDY'S! Right after we got married and before our reception we were starving so in our Tux and Wedding dress we headed through the drive-thru to grab some lunch. The look on the employee's face was priceless. . . So every year we ty to have Wendy's for lunch. I love that tradition.


We also are lucky enough to have Matt's parents babysit for us every year so that we can get away for a couple of nights. This year, because I rock, I won the NCAA bracket in both the Brousseau and Davis family bracket pools and won dinner AND a movie. Can't wait for this weekend! On a sidenote, I did actually fill out my own bracket this year without Matt's help . . .

I never win anything, so this year as we got further into the tournament I was nervously and anxiously watching the games waiting to see if this was my year, and it was! No pressure for next year. . . .


I just wanted to take a minute to say how much I love my husband and how lucky I am. I married a wonderful man who takes the time to play with his kids, to work hard to provide for his family and who can always make me laugh. I feel incredibly lucky and love him more every day that goes by. Here's to the next 8 years!


6 comments:

Candy Javier said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! It was so fun to see the older pictures. I can't believe that you guys have been married for that long. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Eight great years and look at the three beautiful kids you have to show for it. Have a great date!

Daines said...

Congratulations! You guys have been such a great example of a fun married couple! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Matt and Katie,

Eight years has gone so fast and I am no older at all. How amazing is that? Congrats.

Love, Dad

Lee said...

Hey Katie! Happy Anniversary, that is great 8 years! It goes by so quickly. I found your link from Jackie. Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

Wedding gown, Wendy's, and a Wonderful marriage...keep it up! Love, mom