Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Craziness. . .

Our house has been crazy busy over the last couple of days - but all with fun stuff! Every year for our anniversary, Matt's parents lovingly take our kids for a couple of days so that we can get away. By some small miracle, we managed to get the hook-up this year and were given a free hotel stay, free dinner and spending money over the last month or so. Since we went to Park City right after we got married, we go there every year. We, the dorks that we are, always go and visit the bed-and-breakfast that we stayed in for our anniversary, which, by the way, is a historic landmark. We usually go golfing, for Matt . . . , but this year Park City is still completely under snow. SOOOO, we made a run for it on Friday and didn't come back to our house until Sunday.

While we were in Park City, we went on one of my MOSTEST favorite scavenger hunts, at the Park City Outlets. For those of you who know me well, you know that I can shop for hours on end and love every minute of it. The challenge is to find what is on your list for a good price and still love it. . . . This weekend I was hunting for clothes for Aunt Lizzie's wedding (Yea!!!!!!!) for my kids. . . I DID IT!!!! I was so proud of myself. I found yellow shirts for the boys for $6 each. Made my day. Now I only have to find something for myself. . . Another trip.

Today, I decided to go running to the park instead of driving to the gym as I am trying to live in a budget and conserve gas. So, I thought that going running was super smart and that my boys would love going to the park for a couple of hours. I forgot, however, that I have two GROWING boys who weigh A LOT more than they did last year. Jackson cannot ride his bike to the park, it's too far and he says, "My legs are TOOOOO tired Mom," bless his little heart. He tried so hard last trip to the park and I ended up pushing him on his bike and pushing Gray in the stroller - never again . . . Anyway, my point to this story is that when we finally made it to the park, with a very tired Mom, the Orem Fire Department was there practicing drive-ups, hooking the hose up fast and spraying water from the hose and the truck. My boys were fascinated. . . . The best part was how awesome those guys were - they noticed shy Jackson hiding behind a trash can but peeking his head out to watch them and invited him to come over to them. He was too shy so I held his hand as we walked over and met them. They made both he and Gray Junior Firefighters which they thought was soo cool. Jax sat there for a good hour watching them and when they noticed how fascinated he was they invited him to get in the firetruck, sit in their seats and even hold the hose while they sprayed water all over the park. He was in heaven!!!!!! He hasn't stopped talking about it since.

Last story - the last couple of nights Gray has gotten really sneaky at bedtime. You put him to bed only to find him somewhere else later. For example, last night Jax, Addie and I were upstairs in my room watching the NYY play and I had put Gray to bed about a half hour earlier. When it was time to put Jax to bed he through a huge fit and was crying SOOO loud. But, as we were walking into his room he literally stopped in midcry, looked at Gray's bed and said, "Mom, where's Gray?". He was NOWHERE to be found. So, I yelled his name downstairs, and for those of you that know his voice, I heard a loud and low, "What?" He was downstairs watching the Celtics basketball game. He totally played it off like he was supposed to be there and what was the big deal? When I told him he had to get back in bed he started fake crying and said, "There's monsters in there!" So I took him to his room and asked him to show me where. . . He looked dumbfounded and all I got was an , "Um . . . . . ." as he looked around the room to try and think of an answer. Nice try Gray.

Anyway - from the house of the craziness to yours - have a good week!

K

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how grown-up Gray is! I was just about to ask you for a new post when I came over to find you had one up. I love all of your stories. How fun that you went to the park at the same time as the fire department. I'm sure the boys will remember that for a long time!!

Matt and Dana said...

Hey Katie.. just taking a break at work and checking everyone's blogs... what a crazy weekend for you guys. Oh little boys... it's always something new with them, huh? I hope you've had a nap since! Love Ya, Dana

Candy Javier said...

Oh my gosh, I love that story about Gray! I can just picture the little wheels turning in his head as he tried to quickly find some monsters to prove his point. So cute! We will miss you guys this weekend, love you!

Anonymous said...

Jax peeking from behind the trash can, Gray's "What?!", and Addie shaking her head at the whole circus...and God's sweet blessing of a sense of humor for their mom!! Love, gma

Anonymous said...

Jax peeking from behind the trash can, Gray's "What?!", and Addie shaking her head at the whole circus...and God's sweet blessing of a sense of humor for their mom!! Love, gma