Monday, May 12, 2008

She Did It!!!!!!

SHE DID IT!!!!!!



Well, she did it. The infamous dance recital was this past weekend and Addie did it! She was actually really excited and had the time of her life. I now have a better appreciation for the time that Abby spends during this week at the dance hall. We were there on Thursday from 3:30-7:00 for dress rehearsal, Friday from 5:30-9:00 and three different times on Saturday. It was so worth it. Seeing the proud and happy face on Addie this weekend made it all worth it.


Since Addie and I were so busy this weekend Matt took the boys to a ward father-son outing which was supposed to be an overnight camping trip. But, since it was supposed to rain Matt brought the boys home and camped in the backyard. I think Jax had much more fun than Matt did. . . dedicated Dad :). See the picture above? I couldn't get it to move where I wanted it. . . Oops. Matt was really a trooper and took over for me around the house and with the boys this weekend. You rock babe.

Here are some pics from this weekend -

This little girl is Addie's dancing partner, at one point during her dance they do a little part together. Addie loved her. . .


Loving her time with the cousins - of course. . .

It's hard to tell but Addie is the girl on the far right - with attitude.

I have to admit - a little part of me was worried that she would get scared but . . . as you can see, that did not happen. This weekend was a fantastic experience. It was so awesome to see her totally out of her shell and having a blast on that stage. I am always proud of my kids - but to see her completely overcome her fear and to have a blast was a very proud mommy moment for me.

Like the pose? A little too natural for her. :)




Thanks to Uncle Naki for the candy lei - it's been eaten already! - and to Uncle Rex and fam for the flowers. We had so much fun hanging out with you guys this weekend! P.S. - Since we spent so much time there on Saturday, I didn't get any dinner. So the highlight of my night was when my awesome husband showed up with Wendy's, my favorite (the baconator) for me at the end of the last recital. Thanks babe!


So now that recital week is over - our little family now moves on to swimming lessons 3 times a week and tball. AND - since dance was so successful Addie has now decided she wants to try soccer too! Slowly but surely we'll get this girl out of her shell. She is having the time of her life. . .

Till later . . .
K

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of her! That makes me so happy...wish I could have been there! Love you guys! See you soon! Liz

Daines said...

Congratulations Addie! We wish we could have been there, but instead you'll have to show us when you get here. We love you and we are so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed it! Ab is sending me a DVD of the recital, so I'll get to watch Addie's dance. I'm so proud of that girl. I can't believe how far she has come. Also, that picture of her with the makeup on is a little scary glimpse into the future. She looks so old (and beautiful)! I bet she loved that part. :-)

Anonymous said...

Katie,

Thanks for the great posting. It really helps to have pictures and commentary, especially when we can't be there to enjoy. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Can we have a new post, please?????

Candy Javier said...

Yeah, come on Katie B! Get with it.

Anonymous said...

Two great examples...gently leading a child as parents...and...that we can all overcome ABSOLUTELY WHATEVER!! Love, gma