Wednesday, May 7, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAX!

Jax is finally 4! He has been waiting so long for this day. I have too - he promised me that as soon as he turned 4 I didn't have to help him eat his meals or carry him when his legs are tired- will see if that promise sticks :). He/we had a very busy day for his birthday. On my kids birthdays they get to pick all of the meals, have some type of a family event, something with one friend AND alone time with Mom and Dad.

So this is how it went down. First, after he woke up we IMMEDIATELY had to open presents. . . then cinnamon rolls for breakfast. A couple of hours on the WII with his new MLB game playing with his friend Jackson Arthur. Then, lunch at Chili's with Mom and Dad (which rocked by the way). Then a trip to Jump On It ( a big room full of blow ups and trampolines) with his friend Jarret, finally a nap, and then a softball game at the park with family, including extended and cake and ice cream. He, of course, picked a baseball cake. For you guys who know me you know that I so much prefer to buy something or pay someone to make things for me so we ordered a yummy cake from Costco. Anyway - it was an awesome day. When we asked him what his favorite part of the day was, he just smiled and said "all of it." We feel so lucky to have him, we did, in fact, try for 3 years to get him here. So his birthdays are really special for us. . . . Please look and make sure you see the picture of pregnant Abby at bat - she had an awesome hit too!
P.S. Addie hit the ball! She let Matt pitch to her that night and hit the ball EVERY time to her surprise. I am so proud of her for stepping up to the plate!

Some things I love about the pictures - Jax in all of his NYY glory. The hat, the jersey, the sign, you name it. The boys around the cake - on the Brousseau side there are 15 grandkids and only 4 are girls. . . Jax loves it when the boys all get together and play sports. So to see all of those boys crowded around the cake for him was a special moment for me.







Okay, the next two pictures don't go together but when I was looking for the family one I saw Gray's and couldn't help myself - I had to post it. He is trying to make a mean face. I see that face a lot - right after he says something to me like "you get in here, right now mom!" So fierce Gray. The family picture was at a softball game last week - thought my toes were going to fall off we were so cold. I nice woman brought a tarp and set it up on the end of the bleachers so stop the wind but still - freezing. Naki and Junior showed up wearing shorts - Let's just say it was a night to remember.





Well, an awesome trip from Grandpa & Grandma Davis and Uncle Tim has come and gone. We miss them already. My kids loved showing them their house and the fun things that they like to do. Congrats to Line for choosing to be baptized. That was so much fun to watch and to see the joy on her face - also great to hear Abby's testimony that day. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures from sweet Grandpa who took the time to work with Jax on baseball. They worked on hitting and pitching and cute Dad held onto the little tball bat to hit the ball for Jax. Jax was in heaven. He told me later how cool it was that he has a Grandpa that will play ball with him. . . . Love you Dad.



5 comments:

Daines said...

We wish we could have been there for all the week's events. You guys are so cute with your athletic little family...congratulations on your birthday Jackson!

Candy Javier said...

Finally Katie! It looks like you guys had so much fun. I love birthdays. and Abby looks so cute. Hurry up and get here. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Boys are so unique (girls too, but I will save that for Abby). Isn't it amazing how he just gravitates to baseball? Few know, but my dad was a baseball fanatic and was pitching to me when I was 2. I wonder how he really felt when I chose basketball over baseball. Anyway, how fun it is to see Jax's love for baseball.

Anonymous said...

This entry is full of tender moments...family, testimonies, grand decisions and more...thank you for sharing...Love, mom/gma

Anonymous said...

This entry is full of tender moments...family, testimonies, grand decisions and more...thank you for sharing...Love, mom/gma