Sunday, January 11, 2009

Do you teach your kids not to kick?

Okay - Primary trial run #2 for new sunbeam Grayson. Last week, for his first week, Gray cried for the WHOLE thing and wanted to sit with me. He ended up in, I swear, a million time outs with his Dad. He definitely did not cooperate with this no more nursery thing. So, all week this past week we tried to prepare him and conquer what was hard for him last week. We talked about sitting and staying in his own chair. Over and over and over. This week in Primary, we start with singing and sharing time first for the younger ones, Gray managed to stay in his chair for maybe 50% of the time. We made progress right? So as I sent him off to his class for the last hour I thought to myself, "Okay, a little better this week, next week should be great!". Little did I know . . . As I picked him up from his class, the husband of his tag-team Sunbeam teacher couple says to me,

"You teach him not to kick, and hit, punch, and push, and stuff like that right?" Warily I answer yes, to which I get this, "Cause he kicked me in the shins a lot today. . . " Great. Next hurdle. It didn't occur to me to remind Gray not to kick his teacher. . . Now I know what to talk about this week!!!

8 comments:

Ali the B. said...

Should I arrange a meal for the injured teacher!?? he he
Oh Katie, it will get better, I am sorry it has been hard for the first few weeks...
We still need to have our chat, hmmmm when to fit that in?? :)

KimMoore said...

Ha ha! I love the Gray stories!

Anonymous said...

Ok...that reminds me of me!! In Primary, too, or Sunbeams, but that past is long gone! And I hope I see you guys soon! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

I think Tim says it all...stay the course and the "past will be long gone!!" History is repeating itself, again, in that before every class at school or church, I tried to remember every single solitary thing that could go wrong and remind him of each. I also remember one day in particular not thinking to remind him "don't cut Richard's hair!" ...you can imagine the outcome, I am sure. God speed, oh-mom-of-Gray!! Love, mom-of-Tim!!

Life According to Scott said...

Love it... the plan and simple things of a primary teacher... however my primary class was a bunch of smart 8 year olds and candy was one of them! Must I say more!!!!

Tammy said...

Man, it's probably good he's not in my Primary class. I probably would've kicked back :) j/k. He will get the hang of it.

In the meantime, being in Primary is total birth control for me. It is crazy in there!

Anonymous said...

Katie that is hilarious...poor Gray learning learning learning. Maybe the teacher will wear his shinpads just in case lol. Miss you guys.

Gin

Anonymous said...

He would only kick me once, but then, again, I am not his primary teacher. Good luck. Grandpa D./Dad