Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year's

This first picture is just because. Gray being Gray. He decided that he liked both hats and couldn't pick which one to wear, so . . . . he wore them both. . . . all day. I decided not to say anything and to see how long it would go. Who knew it would go all day? I loved it. I love seeing your kids being themselves and making decisions that show their true colors, them just being them, and no one else.
Matt's mom, courtesy of Matt's Grandma in Vermont took all of the grandkids to a fun center over the New Year's break. It had a skating rink, which let our kids ride their scooters, big blowup things to jump on (what are those called?) and games, etc. Our kids had soo much fun. Gray's competitive side came out. If you can see this next picture, he is looking over at Jax to see how far ahead of him he his and if he can cut in front to win the race. It's always a race. Again, love it. Except for the times it ends in a fist fight with those two. . .
Somehow Addie could sense the camera. Surprised anyone?




This is my new favorite picture of this kid. Love it. I was trying to capture how red his face was from riding his scooter, but the look is priceless. . .






Gray getting some football practice in. He figured out how to run and tackle the whatever it is and did it probably for a good 20 minutes. Can you see his cute red underwear sticking out of his pants?




Jax in true form. Doing some kind of trick and posing for the camera at the same time. He loved this thing that he was jumping on. . .






Air hockey . . . nough said.








Our little family has a tradition of going to breakfast every New Year's morning, in jammies. . . This year we went to the Cracker Barrel and got to have Matt's Mom and Dad with us. It was so much fun. . . I did NOT post the picture of me in the morning. Nobody needs to see that. . .








Addie and Jax - how does her hair still look like that in the morning?



There's the update for our family! PS - At our last doctor's appointment it was determined that it is DEFINITELY a girl. Emerson it is! I still am unsure on the middle name. Anyway - Addie was thrilled, and oddly enough, Jax was too. Guess one little brother is enough. . . But they also noted that she is sitting really really low and head down already. Not that it's a worry right now but with how fast our family goes into and through labor they are going to keep an eye on it. . .
Till next time!
K






6 comments:

Ali the B. said...

What a fun day!!
And glad it is still a girl! PINK!
did you get my re-invite to the blog??

Jackie said...

I was SO excited to see a post from you guys. Do more!!! That fun center looks like so much fun and the kids dream come true. I love seeing pictures of those little ones.

The Shavers said...

I love the two hat picture....awesome. And I want blow up things to tackle and play on that would be awesome....and I know my husband would enjoy it haha!!! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

That looked kinda fun for all of you guys! I hope I see you guys soon! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

I spend time on these posts looking into the eyes of each little one... Not only are they gorgeous, they are full of such joy and intelligence! And, I'm with Liz...most days I'd love to have something to tackle (that wouldn't tackle back, of course!) Love, mom/gma

Anonymous said...

Great post, Katie. Thanks for keeping us up to date with what is going on there. Grandpa/Dad