Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Bad Moment. . .

So - last sunday was a rough one for Grayson and I. . . he found himself in trouble in Primary - multiple times. Let's just say there was a little of him sticking his tongue out at me, a little NOT staying in his chair, a little scripture tossing, and a little of who knows what when in his classroom. So - Matt decided to have a man-to-man conversation with him and the two of them walked home from church while the rest of us drove. Here's how the conversation went -

Matt - "So, what happened during church today Gray?"
Gray - "Dad, I was just having some bad moments."
Matt - "Well, what were you doing?"
Gray - "I stuck my tongue out at mom, I wouldn't stay in my chair, and I was kicking."
Matt - "You were kicking? Who were you kicking, was it your teacher?"
Gray -"Dad, I wasn't kicking anyone (with an exasperated look and hand gestures), I was just practicing my karate!!!!"
Matt- "Gray, you are a great kid, you're right, you were just having some bad moments today. Let's work on not doing karate during church okay?"
Gray - "Okay Dad, I'll try."

How many 3 year olds will tell their parents they are just having a bad moment? That's the new saying around here, it's like the get out of jail free card. . . . Just having a bad moment. I've had some of those. . . .

5 comments:

Ali the B. said...

hmmm I think I am having a bad moment! :) thanks for the giggle & NICE door, LOVE the color...he he

Gin said...

How come I can exactly picture the hand gesturing and the exasperated tone he used? He is sooo funny, cute little crazy.

dad said...

I think I tried that one and so did you guys, but I am not sure it worked so well.

Anonymous said...

"A bad moment...," such a charmer...truly...an old soul in a little boy body! Love, mom/gma

Anonymous said...

gray is turning into a man real soon i hope he can manage himself.
love, tim\uncle tim