Sunday, October 4, 2009

Things I've Learned from Kids

So I learned a few new things from kids this week -

First - Gray taught me that gardens are "places where we grow the food that we don't like."

Second - I learned that when burying an animal/pet you should break out into song, specifically the Star Spangled Banner. It helps with the tension and grief. It's the perfect funeral song.

Third - I learned that Bumblebee, the transformer, has a last name, it's Tuna.

Here's to a great next week!

6 comments:

dad said...

I knew that about gardens, but never had the courage to say it. Also, sorry about the funeral thing. We have had a few of those and they are never easy. They are memorable, however.

A Joyful Chaos said...

Love the things you learn from children. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Beyond crazy!! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

Every Sunday I celebrate that my children are recording these remarkable moments, insights and reflections for THEIR children! Love, mom/gma

PS..."God Be with You Til We Meet Again" works at pet funerals also...ask Addie...

Gin said...

What pet funeral?? What happened? And BUMBLEBEE TUNA is classic...ChicaaaaaaGO! You're outta here!!

Brousseau Family said...

Matt took the boys on a Father-Son campout and found a little 5 week old kitten. They brought it home for us to help and find a home. . . it was just too sick to make it. But I told the kids that it's kind of like a really old old person who just is ready to go and see Heavenly Father, they aren't in pain and just want some love while they pass on. They just cared for him for a couple of days. It was really sweet. The funeral however was hilarious. . .