Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Grandma is so spoiled. . .

So I was driving to Matt's office this morning to take him something, not of importance to this . . ., and my boys were sitting quietly behind me, apparently thinking - which seemed weird. Anyway, Jax, out of nowhere, says - "Mom, Grandma is really spoiled." And nothing else after. I waited for more to come after that and when nothing did, I asked him, "you mean Grandma Brousseau?" He said, "No, Grandma Davis! She has lots of stuff, like a boat, a car, she's just really spoiled." It was hilarious. For all you out there reading this - know that he was just stating the obvious - he wasn't upset or being mean. You could tell he was just thinking about all of the cool stuff his grandma has. . . Lucky Duck Grandma!

Anyway - we are lucky enough to have friends that hook us up at the Orem Owls Baseball games down here. . . We feel spoiled. At each game they let our boys play in the players' batting cages and sit with them, the grounds crew, all by ourselves at the game. Each morning our boys wake up and immediately ask if there is an Owls' game today . . . Last game the boys were having batting practice in the cage, or so I thought. I went down there and found Jax practicing and Gray running around with a bucket stuck on his head . . . Typical.

Here my boys are watching the guys get ready to go out and rake the infield at the bottom of the 5th inning. They usually get to take turns going out with them and riding on the tractor. They LOVE it!
This picture is in there randomly because I realized the other day that I am NEVER in any pictures. So I asked Matt to take one with me actually in one . . .

My two crazy boys at the game . . . By the way - Gray's new thing is to walk up to you and say , "what's your name? what's your favorite sport?" - to everyone. I get asked those questions a million times a day. I've learned to mix it up and change my sport each time - it throws him for a loop . .. Jax having more batting practice!
Another time going down to take a picture. . . Gray is learning to pose for the camera!
Jax's love of the game is so evident here to me . . . He cannot get enough.


That's all for now! Till next time . . .
K

5 comments:

Candy Javier said...

Katie, tell Jax that I completely agree! Now you guys get your butts up here and mooch off of her like the rest of us. Miss you

Daines said...

I agree! Get the heck up here!

Anonymous said...

I am still laughing about the bucket-head story. That is so cute. How fun that you get to go to the games!

Anonymous said...

I AM NOT!! (said in a pouty-spoiled voice...)

And, I want to know how "sports" can be inherited...anybody???

Love, Very "BLESSED" grandma

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that an impartial observer has weighed in on this subject. Grandma has taken the meaning of the word spoiled to a new level and finally someone else who is not afraid has spoken up. I fell vindicated.

Grandpa Davis