Monday, July 28, 2008

Trouble. . .

I should have known better. Simply said. I should have known better than to put my boys in their room TOGETHER for timeout. When I came back up - Jax had 3 hats on, Gray's bed was destroyed and they were on the top bunk playing together. So much for timeout. This was yesterday during choir practice which is now at our house because I am the pianist. Matt was trying to learn the song. This is what happens when my boys are left to their own devices . . .
I should have known better again today. I should never let the boys go outside on their own while I am trying to run on the treadmill inside. What I found when I went out there to check on them were ALL, I repeat, ALL of our water bottles empty and thrown all over the backyard in additon to a BRAND new mudhole. That was at first glance. THEN I looked at my boys. You couldn't have recognized them. COVERED in mud. It was soo funny but I had to keep a straight face and teach them that maybe dad's water bottles for work are not what we should use to pour into a mud hole. I made the boys clean them ALL up and while trying to keep a straight face, had a discussion with my crazy boys that there is a time for mud and water play - but maybe let's ask Mom to help us get the water first? We all agreed and then I got the sprinklers out for them. Once again, I now know better. Boys. Nough said.




3 comments:

Candy Javier said...

Wow Katie! So many good posts, I love it. Those silly boys, I cannot believe they made their own mud hole. Also, they look like twins in that picture! Love you.

The Shavers said...

That is awesome lol Albert and his brothers when they were little dug a hole in their back yard big enough to put a car into and then filled it with water.......boys and mud haha!! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Gritty mud...just don't get it...never have... I wonder who and how this was thought up and wouldn't you just have loved to watch the process!!?? Love, mom/gma