Sunday, July 6, 2008

Summer - life of swimming and potty training. . .

Bring on Summer! Okay - so these goggles have become attached to Gray's face - I swear. Every time we are near the water he tells me - I need my goggles! He won't trade with his brother and sister or take them off - EVER. Or so it feels like. I just love this picture. It summarizes my summer - swimming and potty training. That's right- I've taken on the task of potty training Gray. So far so good, well sometimes good. Any suggestions? Gray insists that his Lightning Mcqueen pullup likes pee in it! See mom? He'll say - he wikes it - he wikes to get wet! Work in progress. High note for Gray - he told Matt probably 20 times today that "he's the best daddy eber."

So, I unfortunately, did not take pictures this weekend but we were crazy busy for the 4th trying to get in a fun weekend before Daddys goes back to work. Let me back up to first recognize that the Maile family softball team rocked last Thursday and won both of their games. A little shout out to my hubbie who hit 4 homeruns in those 2 games. He humbly says that it just feels good to get his swing back. Yea Matt!!!


Okay so for the 4th - We all, except for Matt who was at his second softball game, we went to bed early Thursday night to get up early and see the hot air balloons take off in Provo Friday morning. Somehow I slept throught the alarm. . . this is not a new problem for those of you who know me - I am HORRIBLE at mornings. Anyway - I woke up in a panic at 6:30 and was so bummed out. My trooper husband didn't miss a beat. He quickly woke up our kids and hustled everyone into the truck. A quick drive-thru at Krispy Kremes and we were into Provo in seriously 20 min, still in our PJs (of course). Luckily there were still balloons everywhere and my kids were so excited. We got to see a couple of balloons land and followed one in our car. Again - Yea daddy!


After the balloons we needed to hustle to Kaysville for the 11:00 parade. Thanks to Aunt Michelle and Uncle David for saving us seats! So we quickly showered at home, loaded up the truck with our camping gear and headed up north. We spent the day in Kaysville with Daddy enjoying the open mike and some Michael Buble sheet music, swimming at Grandma and Grandpa Brousseaus', the kids playing with cousins, and mommy finally off-duty. Plenty of good food for a barbeque, a little Diet Coke and chocolate and I am soo happy. For those of you up north - Diet Coke has become my new thing - can't explain it but I'm addicted. Anyway - we ended the night with the "beautiful fireworks" as Jax calls them and then camped in the Franks' backyard.


To our surprise Saturday morning, Michelle and Davis made a huge breakfast for us to feast on. We then headed to take the kids to see Wall-E, which by the way, I totally loved. Has anyone else seen it? I don't know why but I almost cried at one part! Anyway I'm hormonal or something. Finish the movie and then what next? Of course swimming at Grandpa and Grandmas'. We had a blast- we are exhausted, but had a blast. Thanks to our northern-Utah family for a fun 4th of July. But so our Northern Idaho family knows they haven't been forgotten - when we got in the car to come home- Jax wanted to know if we were going to Grandma Davis' now. He really remembers our annual trips to Idaho for the 4th of July and missed it this year! We miss you guys! Anyway, we hustled back to Orem to be here for Covelli's baby blessing - our adopted son - seriously the cutest baby ever. Congrats to Turreal and Kim. Anyway -Till next time. . .


PS - The broken window if finally fixed and I got REALLY smart and bought the boys some practice spongy golfballs. Let's keep our fingers crossed it doesn't happen again next year. . .
PSS - I got a second different calling today - I was released from Cub Scouts and placed in the Primary as the Chorister. Is that how you spell it? I can't wait - it is going to be so much fun. . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a packed weekend! I don't think the morning thing is a new problem for any of us haha! We missed you guys but are glad you had such a blast! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like such a fun weekend! I really love that song you have up by Jason Mraz and Colby Caillat. Great song! And can I just say that I wish I never had to potty train, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever...

KimMoore said...

I still think you should try to gum ball machine and the cheerios in the bathroom. Gum worked wonders for B and honestly what boy wouldn't think it's so fun to pee on cheerios!

Anonymous said...

I have not idea who
kimore24 is but I totally cracked up at the idea of peeing on cheerios. What a riot!! Katie...I have an elevated heart rate just thinking of your 4th celebration. Zowie...and for a minute I was afraid that you had forgotten your balloon attire and went to the parade in your jammies!! Love, mom