Sunday, August 3, 2008

Running the Bases. . .

Sorry for the mess this entry is - I typed my entry before adding the pictures - just read below to see what the heck these pictures are!!!!








Jax was lucky enough to be the entertainment at the Owlz Game last night, well, at least part of it. He got to run the bases with Hootz the Owl after the 2nd inning - how it works is he and Hootz start and second base and "race" to third base. Jax was adorable, he did his little strut out there as they announced his name and the crowd clapped so politely. But what no one expected was that after Jax beat Hootz to third base (where the kids usually stop running), he took a wide turn and ran for home as fast as his little body could go. He was bookin it- AND the crowd that was so politely clapping before stood up and started cheering loud and cheering his name. It was so awesome. He was determined to cross home plate - which he, of course, did. All of the players out there warming up for the next inning were cheering for him and giving him knuckles too. I honestly was so proud. And not because he rocks, even though he does, but because he went for it.




So the second funny part of the evening was at the bottom of the 5th inning when the grounds crew realized they were short a guy and asked Matt to come out and sweep the field with them. We've found Matt a second job!!!! I had to take a few pictures for posterity sake. Go Matt!!!




On a side note- our bestest of best friends are moving to Tooele. I will not be watching Bailee or Covelli in the fall anymore because their stinker mom got a job. Anyway - just a shout out to them that we love them and are excited for the new change in their life. Time for college days to end and real life to begin! We love you guys! Soo - that means for me - I am officially a stay-at-home mom. Jax starts his 4-day a week preschool soon and Addie will be in school all day. Sooo - it looks like it's just Gray and I. . . .I am excited to see what the next couple of months will be like!




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No big deal, Jax, right?? Just doin' what needs to be done! And...get that guy a red shirt for grounds crew! Katie, what do you think about leading the charge on getting some names going for genealogy...I'll work with you if you're interested...?? Love, mom/gma

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with Mom about the family history. I have felt guilty by myself long enough. It is time that some of you share the guilt with me. Also, I don't think I ever saw a little boy who loved baseball any more than Jax does. His grandfather Davis loved it, too, so maybe he gets it from him. Love to you all. Dad

Candy Javier said...

James loved this story! He is a natural in the spotlight! We love you Jax. And Matt... we always knew you had it in ya. Feel free to sweep at my house anytime.

Candy Javier said...

I meant that Jax loves the spotlight... not James. LOL!

Daines said...

Way to go Jackson!

The Bischoff's said...

What's going on, guys!! It was great to talk to you yesterday. Looks like the family has gotten big!! I'm glad that you, K, and the kids are doing good. Here is our blog. Remember to keep in touch!!! James

Anonymous said...

What a kid!! Baseball is in his jeans, or is it genes? My dad had me playing when I was 2 and so it goes.....

Dad

Wilkinson Crew said...

nice blog guys, it has been a long time. Oh by the way this is Damon. James told me you guys had a blog. I had to check it out. I have a blog it is not nearly as dedicated as yours,but it is what it is a blog sort of. I am glad to see you guys are doing good. Summer and are great. our blog is crewwilkinson.blogspot.com