Friday, December 19, 2008

Late over Part Two

So the late-over didn't exactly end well. . . Malia and Addie had a head-on-head collision that will probably change Malia's life for ever. . . Addie walked away without a scratch - Malia ended up with a fat lip (see picture of spitting out blood) and a tooth knocked back half-way into her mouth. Perfect. Apparantly the Brousseau house is a walking injury trap. Abby said she's going to call the dentist . . . immediately. I'm not sure what will happen with that. Right after the incident, I drove Malia home. After dropping her off, I turned left onto State street and immediately after crossing 800 north witnessed a pedestrian crossing in a NON-crosswalk get hit and flown to the side of the road. So, in my Relief Society apron, still on from making chocolate covered pretzels at home before all of this began, I pulled to the side of the road, called 911 and waited for the police to come and take my statement. . . Now all is said and done, I am sitting still and just trying to take a deep breath. Here's to an uneventful tomorrow!

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh my gosh! What a night. Poor little girls and poor you! What a thing to have to see. Are you doing okay? How's Malia?

Daines said...

Katie! That is so awful! But, no one can handle all that stuff in one night better then you. I hope everything turned out okay..

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to be unfeeling or anything like that, but it seems like that stuff shouldn't bother you very much any more. There is going to be more of it before there is less. Grandpa D.

Anonymous said...

I don't think this happened to me once, and I hope it doesn't ever happen to me. And, Merry Christmas. Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

Oh...uh oh! Growing up is a perilous adventure. Hope all is well in the tooth department. Did you render aid to the pedestrian...how did that turn out? You were right to just go sit down somewhere and breathe...yikes! Love, mom/gma