Monday, February 9, 2009

Couple of Things

So . . . the Brousseau house doesn't have anything new or major to report- just some funny "Timmyisms" and crazy things our kids of done. . . Here you go!

Addie -
1. Cut her hair. Again. Although I can't really complain because the last time she did it we lived in Idaho so it has been a while. I just taught her how to do a high ponytail and apparantly the little hairs that stick out of the bottom? when you do that? Those were bugging her. . . .

2. Parent-teacher conference. These are one of my favorite things to go to with Addie. . . She is the dream child to have in school. She wants to work hard and get things right and her grades show it. Addie and I went together and the teacher, of course, just raved about her. My favorite and most proud moment was a tie between hearing that she was no longer chasing boys around the playground and inadvertently pulling their pants down when trying to stop them and that she is doing so well in class that when the teacher is busy and another students needs help, Addie, in essence, becomes the student teacher and teaches them . . . . Love to Addie. I love that kid.


Jax -
1. Jax had an awesome week last week. The NIC basketball team, that his daddy played for in Idaho, came down to play in Salt Lake. Jax (with his dad and brother) was allowed into the team practice on Thursday night, got the players to autograph his tshirt, dunked with them, you name it, he did it. . . He was exhausted but on a high. We went to their games on Friday and Saturday night and he had a blast. We were probably the ONLY NIC fans their cheering but that didn't stop Jax or his dad from yelling from the stands. At one point, Salt Lake had the ball and my little 4-year old could be heard yelling defense, clap clap, defense, clap clap, from the stands. No shame, standing behind his team. He held a team roster in his hand through the whole thing and "instructed" Gray on each player as they came in and out of the game. It was ADORABLE.

2. Two funny quotes from Jax - First, at the NIC game I got all excited because I saw and actually recognized that Dave Rose was there and that I knew who he was. . . I couldn't wait to show Jax. So I leaned down to him and pointed this man out to him and said, "do you know who that is?". Jax calmly looked at me and said, yeah, that's Dave Rose, he's the coach of the BYU basketball team. Then looked at me like - didn't you know that mom?How does he know that stuff?

In primary on Sunday the lesson our kids learned was about Joseph Smith and the First Vision. When Jax got home Matt was trying to take a moment and teach him more about Joseph Smith and to bear his testimony to Jax. He said, "Jax, did you know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet?" Jax thought about it for a minute, furrowed his brow and then asked, "was Joseph Smith a true freshman too?" Awesome.


Gray -
1. Gray is trying soooo hard to make through this transition into Primary. It's not really going all that well. . . He was asked to be the reverence child in church on Sunday. He proudly walked up to the front and stood there folding his arms. It lasted for about five minutes. I looked at him five minutes later and he was crying with his pouty bottom lip sticking out. I asked him what was wrong. . . he said "this is taking too long. I want to sit down. " You can only ask for so much reverence from that little guy. Apparantly 5 minutes is the max. . .

4 comments:

Tammy said...

In Primary Sunday I was teaching about the Prophet Joseph Smith and I was explaining that he wanted to find out which church he was to join. I asked the kids if they knew how Joseph could find out and Jackson said, "He could pray because I don't think God has a phone number." It was so funny.

Jackie said...

Too funny! My favorite is the true freshman one. So cute.

Anonymous said...

That's pretty funny, I would say...and, see you soon! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

Each of these moments in time are eternal snapshots...memories that will last truly forever. I look forward to being on the other side of the veil where all will be restored and I will be able to remember ALL of my own moments with my child-adults...and, that, my sweet Katie, is the magic you are witnessing...your children are in the process of becoming your fast-friends...with wit, care, tenderness and HUMOR!! Talk about being RICH$$$...now that's RICH! Love, mom/gma