Saturday, February 28, 2009

I know I signed on for this. . .

Why is it that it seems like husbands get to have all of the fun? Maybe because it's 3:30 pm on a Saturday and I'm sitting here in my sweats BABYSITTING, while my husband gets to go to a basketball game. Or maybe cause over the last couple of nights he's come home after 6:30 when a particular pregnant person is TIRED and the kids need a bath and it's too late to do anything. I know I'm hormonal, and definitely in a bad mood, but for all of you stay-at-home moms out there - have you felt this too? I know he goes to work and works hard, but it is SOOO frustrating when Saturday comes and he's doing something fun and I'm still doing dishes, laundry, cooking, oh yeah, while barefoot and pregnant. :) Don't get me wrong- I'm not mad at him per se, just annoyed. I know and support that I should be at home with the kids, but when it's been a long week of him leaving at 7 am and not home until late, and then Saturday rolls around and I'm still stuck in this house - I'm getting a little irritated.

7 comments:

KimMoore said...

I'm sorry Katie. I think Turreal is starting to feel the same way.... ha ha! But that has to be frustrating!

meghan said...

Amen Sista!
I miss you! I will hopefully see ya soon! I got whatever Gunnar had! FEEL LIKE CRAP!!!

Anonymous said...

Not much I can say, here, dear. Hang in there. Dad

Anonymous said...

I have nothing much to say about this...if only I was there to help you! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

One question...does Matt read your blog?? Love, mom/gma

Anonymous said...

shhhh...don't shoot me...but, who won the game?? Love, Cougar mom

Life According to Scott said...

Katie, Katie, Katie, I think you need to come visit Liz... I think its just being pregant that is talking... because your husband would do anything for you..

and remember what a blessing it is to be a AT HOME MOM.... There are so many out there that can not do that. YOU my dear are BLESSED