Sunday, February 1, 2009

Made it through another Sunday

Highlights of today. . .
-Matt came home early from PEC in time to help get the kids ready for 9:00 am church
-Gray came to the kitchen looking like a stud to open his mouth and say "I'm freakin ready to go. . . "
-Addie bore her testimony for the FIRST time! She was adorable. When testimony meeting began I watched her slowly inch her way to the end of the pew. When I looked at her she looked like a deer caught in headlights . . . so, her loving dad volunteered to go up and bear his first. A memory I'll have always.
-Superbowl sunday at our house - all of our kids picked their own bag of chips at the store - had a pigout from 2 pm till bedtime. They loved it.
-Addie watched and FOLLOWED the football game. FINALLY understood what a 1st down is. . -I got my hair played with for an hour. . .
-Gray ASKED to go to bed. . .

On to the next week . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The highlights had to be an hour of hair-playing and your little girl learning about football (at least for me haha) Love you!

-Gin

The Shavers said...

What a great dad! And of course who wouldn't love to have your hair played with for an hour and then have you child ask you to go to bed haha!!!!

KimMoore said...

Addie knows more than me about football now! Dang it!

Anonymous said...

That sounded like a great day...except the Steelers won and I do not like the Steelers but at least they won anyway...and, I just don't call them "Steel" for nothing..."Steel" for metal but I meant "STEALING" the Super Bowl!!! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

Tell Addie that was wonderful practice for bearing her testimony at the "Grandchildren Retreat!" this summer...Love, mom/gma