Friday, February 20, 2009

Tired. . .

Today I feel like this. . .



All of you women out there who have been pregnant before, recognize this feeling?


SOOOO tired that you don't even want to move your arms or legs, or you could close your eyes while sitting there and could immediately fall asleep? That's exactly how I feel today. Forget anything else I had planned to get done today. Prego tired has taken over. . . So today I am still in my pjs, doing little odds and ends around the house but mostly sitting on my butt. And my mood? Just like the picture of Gray. . . I figure there are points of time in pregnancy when you just listen to your body and do absolutely nothing - forget about the vacuuming, laundry, birthday gifts that need picked up for 2 different parties, cooking, or even fights between the boys that need solved. Today I am doing NOTHING!
On a side note - President Julie B. Beck of the Relief Society came and spoke to our Stake last night for our monthly enrichment. It was fabulous. She basically held a QA session and let women just ask her questions. Her answers were blunt, on point, and fantastic. The best piece of wisdom and advice I took home last night was this. She asked all of the sisters - How many of you are waiting to live the dream? You know, wanting to get married, wanting to have kids, wanting your kids to move out, wanting . . . ? Just ready for what you have visioned to be the ideal life to happen to you? Well, it's not going to happen. This life isn't the dream, it's the experience that leads to the dream when this life is over. Basically - stop waiting for your dream world and dream life. Enjoy life now, not 20 years later when you look back. Enjoy the experience and lessons you are learning NOW. The dream you have envisioned will come - but you are here on earth for your experiences, not to have a dream life with no problems or stress or disappointment. Accept that they are going to happen and enjoy them! It was really blunt and to the point - exactly what I needed. . .

6 comments:

Jackie said...

That was me the entire last month of this pregnancy!! :-) I am totally with you there, Katie. Also, I love Sister Beck's advice. Thanks for sharing.

Candy Javier said...

I agree with Jackie, I really needed to hear that advice. Thanks for passing it along. As far as surrendering to the "tired"... you deserve it!

Life According to Scott said...

Isn't Sister beck wonderful, I got to serve her dinner!! She said the same thing to us single people. Stop looking at it as why am I single and start living.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Sister Beck told everyone to stop whining and suck it up. Good advice. Dad

Anonymous said...

This is a ladies thing...you do it, mom, not me!! He, he! Said by Tim to mom...

Anonymous said...

Sister Beck's insights went beautifully with the Relief Society lesson we had today...the essence...endure with style, and celebrate that God loves you enough to trust you with trials that will result in your growth!! Bless you all for doing just that...EVERY SINGLE DAY!!Love, mom/gma