Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter . . .

So, thanks to Aunt Candy, I remembered that Easter was this past Sunday in the nick of time. I truly forgot because of pregnant brain. Can you imagine my kids' faces, waking up Easter morning with nothing there? Talk about childhood trauma. . . Serious save, thanks Candy. Anyway, this Easter was a great one. Believe it or not, Easter is my absolute favorite "holiday." To me it represents a fresh start, a new day and true hope. I love that it comes right when the winter weather is leaving, I just feel excited - that this coming year will be great and so on. I just love it. . . Instead of focusing on our Savior's death, this one day of the year we get to focus on his life and resurrection. Anyway. . . Here are some pics. The easter egg hunt was at Uncle Naki and Aunt Abby's - thanks guys!

If you look closely at the pictures of Gray - I have found another similarity he has with his Uncle Tim (or what he was like as a kid). He just will not give a "true" smile. Each picture I ask, and look and see what I get. . . Funny kid. Look at how grown up Addie looks! I'm in shock . . .







My cute husband knows how crazy I get about easter grass messes. I think those kids had 20 minutes max with their baskets before Matt started cleaning up the stuff. . . Thanks babe!




Here the kids are waiting to find eggs in the Maile backyard. I was able to witness pure genius from Abby as she kept them ALL entertained while we waited. . .












































Happy Easter!



















4 comments:

Jackie said...

Okay, I am laughing and crying at the same time because I love the picture with all the kids' tongues out, and I SO miss my Utah fams. I really wish I could have been with you guys. Katie, I can't believe how handsome the boys look and how gorgeous Addie is. They are all so grown up, just in time for the new princess. And way to go, Matt. That easter grass is seriously a major headache, and how cute is it that he cleaned it up for his prego wife!

Anonymous said...

You guys are great. You have your own little group down there in Utah and are so cute. By the way, did Naki hide one of the eggs in his mouth this year like he did a couple of years ago? Dad/Grandpa D

Anonymous said...

I miss all of you guys, but, it won't be long...I would say less than two weeks until I get to see you guys...Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

I had NO IDEA that Easter Grass Alergy was genetic!! Love, mom/gma