Thursday, April 30, 2009

Emerson Calais Brousseau

She's here!!!! Thankfully my doctor is a good listener and heard us when we told him that we worried about her a little. . . Emma was still moving but not as much, my fluid levels were measuring a little on the low side and she hadn't really grown over the last couple of doctor's visits. . . .Her heartbeat was strong and she was doing great but the whole thing was making me anxious and crazy. So - when we went to our doctor's appointment on Wednesday, Doctor Barton decided that we should induce that day instead of waiting till this coming Sunday. Couple of hours and a much loved loved epidural and she arrived at 9:59 pm. 7 lbs 5 oz, 20 inches long and now nicknamed Matt Jr. - Emerson (Emma) Calais Brousseau was born. She did have the cord wrapped around her neck so I wasn't crazy, just strongly prompted to communicate my worries with my doctor. . . I feel blessed that I did and that he listened to me - she's here safe and sound! So far (keep your fingers crossed) she is a completely mellow and calm baby and a great eater. We think she looks the most like Jackson did at this age. What do you guys think?












































17 comments:

Candy Javier said...

Katie she is so beautiful! I love the family picture, Addie looks so happy!

meghan said...

Congratulations! I Can't wait to see her in person! In the last pic I think she looks like Addie!

Jackie said...

I'm so glad everyone is healthy and well. She is beautiful!!! I can't wait to meet her.

Daines said...

I totally think she looks like Addison! Yay for Epidurals!

meghan said...

also....the family pictures is great. It makes me want to cry I am not sure why...I will blame pregnancy!

Brittany said...

i just have to say I'm Jealous!! they almost induced me yesterday but changed their minds! Look at your gorgeous family!! How beautiful you all are! I'm so happy for you and also very happy for your epidural ;)

Life According to Scott said...

Congratulations wow wow how beatiful.. Love you guys...

The Beckstroms said...

Congrats you guys! She is gorgeous and I too think she looks tons like Addie in that last picture but I also think she looks like Gray in one of the pics too. So I guess she's a Brousseau. Katie let me know when you are ready for visitors because I have 3 little gifts for you and I think you know what they are ;) Love you guys!

Maxfields said...

Congrats!! She is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brousseaus! I cannot wait to meet her myself. Love you!

-Gin

Holly Sanders said...

congrats! She looks like Addie to me, but then again, I really don't know your boys. Cute name too! You know I'm green with envy that you're not pregnant anymore. So, so green! Glad everything went well!

The Shavers said...

I definitely think she looks like Addie, and I love the picture of her and Matt laying together...so cute! Can't wait to meet her!

KimMoore said...

YAY!!! She is beautiful! WE can't wait to meet her! Congrats to you both.
Love Turreal, Kim, B and Covelli

Mona Maile said...

She's gorgeous guys! I think she looks like Addy too.

Anonymous said...

Great job, dear! What a great family you have. Thanks for being you. Grandpa D

Anonymous said...

Emerson has absolutely beeeeautiful skin!! Love, mom/gma

April said...

Oh Congratulations! We are just tickled for you! What a big weekend! I am amazed at all you were able to do just days after having a baby! We love you!