Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jax's Year at Preschool

Jax is officially done with preschool! Part of me is sad, because that means he's not a little boy anymore, he's actually going to regular school. I have LOVED his preschool. It is the preschool in the education department for Utah Valley University. He has on average 4-5 teachers each day, one professor and 4 student teachers learning to teach preschool. There were about 12 kids in his class so the student-teacher ratio was fantastic. Jax seriously loved preschool. According to this teacher, he was the cool kid in class. Not that we care about those things but it was just so funny. Other kids just followed his lead and the best part of it for me was that Jax was oblivious. He loves to learn and to be a part of something so preschool was the best experience for him. Here are some pictures of his time there this year! This is a picture he drew of our family . . . Can you tell who is who? This is pre-Emma.
His class getting ready to go on a field trip, on a bus! I think the ride there was his favorite part. He talked about the bus going over a bump and someone falling off of their seat for weeks. . .



Playing in the sand. . .


My favorite picture that he drew out of the whole year's drawings. This is a duck. Can you tell?




Holding a worm - no fear. He loved those worms. . .





Bike parade day. They were going to ride outside, but it rained that day. Jax was so proud, he had just gotten a new bike a couple of days before. . .






I love this picture because I think you can see that he's concentrating AND shows those amazing eyelashes. . .








Another worm. . .






Going through an obstacle course. Believe it or not - on parent day Matt wiggled his way through that thing. Funny thing to picture - wish I could have had a camera that day.




We love our Jax . . .







6 comments:

Abby said...

Matt wiggled through that thing!? Reminds me of the time I had to climb up in those McDonalds toys to grab a crying child who was too frightened to come down. And I have to say, I got to spend some one on one time for over an hour tonight with that adorable Jackson. Man, is he cute. I just lived listening to him talk. He never stopped! He had so much to tell me, and kept our conversation going. Thanks for a great night, Jackson!

Candy Javier said...

I love that little boy! Katie he jsut tries so hard. I love it. And I call for a re-do. You have got to get a picture of Matt in that thing!

Anonymous said...

He really is precious Katie, and I love being around him. He's not allowed to grow up though!! Geez!!

-Gin

dad said...

It is always interesting to me to watch the grandchildren evolve. You can easily see the characteristics they get; some from Mom and some from Dad. Jax is, truly, a great kid. Grandpa D.

Anonymous said...

He is a TRUE trooper! Sometimes I see some nieces and nephews have traits of me in them. He is doing quite a success already! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing Jax with us. He, I am certain, would be a pleasure to teach and a delight to have in a classroom. And, not to take the focus off of this angel...PLEASE, a picture of Matt in the tube!!! Love, mom/gma