Sunday, May 24, 2009

Addie's 2nd Grade Concert

First - here are some updated pics of Emma! At her two week checkup she'd gained about a pound and a half so she's doing fantastic. . . And not to jinx it or anything - but last night she slept through the whole thing! I know it will be a while until she does that again but it was sooo nice. I have pictures of all of my kids sleeping on their dad just like this - Emma, I have to say, loves it the most and cries when she gets moved from her daddy's tummy. . . The boys were watching a game - of course. . .





Addie's second grade class did a patriotic themed concert to finish off the year - I'm going to blame it on hormones and just being me but when one of her friend's dad stood up to speak I lost it. He had served in both Afghanistan and Iraq and spoke of sending some his friends home that didn't make it home safely. Right after he finished the kids sang a song called "You're a Hero". and I just couldn't stop from crying. The cutest part was my sweet daughter - who really wears her emotions on her sleeve and can feel the spirit so strongly - saw her mom crying in the audience and started crying while singing. I love that little girl. . . She also surprised us and didn't tell us that she had a speaking part - it was adorable to watch.
















Happy Memorial Day!




6 comments:

Abby said...

Goooo Addie!

Candy Javier said...

You can't blame it on your baby hormones, Kate cause I am totally crying too! I love that girl.

The Shavers said...

Yeah can't blame those...except that I have them too haha and I am crying! She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Yes...GOOOO ADDIE!! Da, da, ta, dah!!! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

Okay...now crying, I can understand, is most certainly genetic when it comes to matters of the Spirit and PATRIOTISM!!! Thanks for sharing the reason for the season!! Love, mom/gma

dad said...

I wouldn't have made it through that, either, without shedding a tear. Grandchildren, patriotism and genuine heroes are a killer combination. Dad/Grandpa D