Sunday, May 10, 2009

My mom. . .


Although my mom lives so very far away, she always takes the time to check on me, to stay connected to my life. I am extremely grateful to know that I am important to her and that my relationship with her is priceless. As Mother's Day was coming closer, I received a special present - a visit from my mom for the birth of my daughter and baptism of my oldest daughter.


I just wanted to take the time today to thank my mom for EVERYTHING. I have very vivid memories of sacrifice on her part for my siblings and I. Now that I have the opportunity to be a mother and am overwhelmed by the eye opening I have had as to what my mother herself went through to take care of and provide for us. Most importantly, I am very grateful for the "mom" attitude she has now. My mother has perfected the art of still being my mother while taking a step back to let me be an adult at the same time. I NEVER feel judged, criticized, or frowned upon. Instead my mother adores and appreciates my children and is a listening ear for me.


Mom - thank you for being my support system and a fantastic mother. I know that you hate mother's day, which I now understand, but take a moment and realize that you have done a fantastic job and that I love you!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, and I love you!!! Thank you for taking such good care of my precious grandchildren...and...their Father!!! Love, mom/gma

Anonymous said...

i love you too mom do not forget that. Love,tim

Brittany said...

i commented here because i love your mom too! i always thought she was so beautiful, but also so strong and funny and loyal. anyway, i'm feeling pretty good, just sore... you know... i don't know if it's cuz this baby was smaller or what, but i'm doing alot better, faster than with my last. how bout you?? what were we, like a week apart? i hope you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Moms are pretty special. Dads have something to contribute, although sometimes I am not sure exactly what it is. It is interesting to watch you girls mothering and to see what traits of your mother you have picked up and what you do differently. Dad