Wednesday, March 11, 2009

BYU vs. Air Force

So. . . Matt and I took the kids to the last BYU mens basketball game last Saturday. We, thank goodness, got chair seats for prego me, and ironically (for those of you that know them) sat right behind Richard and Linda Gee! Anyway, also for those of you who know, Jax is obsessed with and loves the BYU Mens basketball team. He watches the games so intently and is very emotionally involved. In fact, when they played on TV vs. Utah the other night, they were behind most of the game. Jax got so upset he asked me to turn it off. Sound like anyone else we know?

Well, anyway, at the end of the game, we were lucky enough (thanks to Uncle David Frank) to head down to the court to meet Jimmer Fredette, Jackson Emery. Lee Cummard, Tavernari, and others. Jax's dream night. . . Turns out, follow me here, Matt's sister Michelle's husband David is from the same small town in New York that Fredette is from and is good friends with is parents. It happened to be senior night, so Fredette's parents were in town to see him play . . .

So, after the game, Matt and Jax wandered around the court talking to all of the players and getting their signatures. Gray, on the other hand, spent his time running and sliding into the piles of confetti on the ground, Addie sat with her girl cousins that were there and I propped my feet up. . .

Anyway, Fredette even gave him one of his game shoes to bring home. Oh my gosh - I don't think I have EVER seen my son beaming like he did that night. The funny part about it was that Jax was still his shy self but confident with a little 4-year old swagger at the same time. He had a conversation with Emery about how cool their name was, etc., etc., etc. Just totally in his element. As we were walking off of the court to go home, Jax realized that they had lowered the hoops and proceeded to go and dunk on it. He turned to me and said, " I just dunked on the BYU hoop." He was in heaven.


This picture was in the middle of the game and Jax was NOT happy that I interrupted the game to take a picture. Can you tell? The boys with Jimmer Fredette-

Lee Cummard - (and Gray with his tough face which is the face he makes when we tell him to keep his eye on the ball. . . no idea)

Our Jackson with Jackson Emery -




The Brousseau cousins that were there (minus Addie - she'd come and laid down next to me at this point, it must have been 11 pm)



Thanks Uncle David!

6 comments:

Abby said...

What a fun night! We watched that game at home, and it was intense. No wonder Jackson didn't want to be interrupted from watching! Go Cougs!

Life According to Scott said...

What a blessing that you have Jax and his love for his Grandparents team...

April said...

HOW FUN!! RA RA RA! Way to be a true blue fans! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I guess there is something that Utah has over Idaho!! I am so happy that Jax had such a great evening. Winning isn't everthing, but it beats whatever comes in second. Grandpa D.

Anonymous said...

BYU might have a chance against Texas A & M...I'm not sure, but I hope so...Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

PS...we just checked the brackets!

Anonymous said...

I don't get many games here...but I DID get the BYU/SDSU game...nuts...more grey hair...people think I got it from my kids...but...it came from being a BYU sports fan!!! Love, mom/gma