Saturday, March 28, 2009

Save Me...

Can someone please save me from the never-ending list of things that kids need because they have worn out the old one, grown out of it, or have never had it and are old enough to need it? It seems like that as soon as I think I am on top of it - something new comes up. . . .and the need to pay for it. I now, as an adult, completely appreciate the stress and sacrifice my parents went through to tackle that list. If only someone had told me that I would have a girl first, followed by basically two twin boys who are built totally different. . . so. . . when like jeans or shorts are needed - they ALL need them at the same time, I might have started saving for this when I was 12! Props to my parents and much respect for going through this. . . Good thing we love our kids right? Makes it all worth it. . .

5 comments:

Maxfields said...

So I only have Fisher, which hardly compares to three kids. But I totally feel for you. Fisher keeps growing so fast, and getting holes in the knees of his pants. I feel like I have bought him 2 complete wardrobes in the past 10 months. I can hardly keep up.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I knew there would come a time when you would gain the true insights of a parent. Hold on, though, you are only getting started. Dad

Anonymous said...

I am thinking that this would be chaos if they keep on asking once you are finished! And then you'll be so tired...but I wish I was in service with you! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

Now you can clearly understand how PROFOUNDLY AND ABSOLUTELY delighted I was when we would come home and there would be a trash bag of donated clothes on the doorstep...shopping at its finest...and FREEEEEE!!! Love, mom/gma

Tanya said...

Amen!! That's why I turned to yard sales...it's my saving grace when it comes to clothing the kiddos. It was fun to see you the other day. We'll have to get our families together when the weather warms up. :)